Tasting Room Manager
Status: Full Time (Friday-Tuesday)
Salary Range: $50k - $60k
Heidrun Meadery, located along iconic CA State Route 1 just north of the Golden Gate Bridge in Point Reyes Station, is an artisan producer of brut dry, naturally sparkling honey wine fermented and bottled on-site using the traditional French Methode Champenoise. Our 16-acre farm hosts visitors seven day per week. We provide guests a unique opportunity to experience the natural ecology of honey wine, “from flower to flute”. We strictly maintain an unpretentious attitude toward wine. Our hospitality and atmosphere can best be described as farm-friendly, educational and respectful. Our business is thriving, attracting a diversity of engaged and engaging visitors from around the world.
We are looking for a full-time, experienced Hospitality Manager to jump onboard as soon as possible. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of professional management experience in hospitality or the wine industry and be energetic, enthusiastic and an excellent communicator. Candidates must be able to work one/ both weekend day, be interested in being involved in all aspects of this business, maintain flexibility in a very dynamic environment and enjoy periodically strenuous physical activity. The Tasting Room Manager position reports directly reports directly to GM and supervises all Tasting Room Staff.
Staff Management (40%)
- Manage TR staff, including hiring, training, scheduling, payroll, performance reviews and implementing disciplinary action.
Departmental Management and Administrative Duties (40%)
- Manage day-to-day Tasting Room (TR) and general hospitality activities including scheduling on-site events and tours.
- Manage and track departmental budget including oversight of daily, weekly and monthly sales and labor cost data.
- Maintain organization of TR and back of house operations to ensure efficient work flow, including supervision of inventory, tidying, restocking and reorganizing.
- Maintain high standards of aesthetics in Tasting Room including merchandise, floral and educational displays.
- Manage Tasting Room merchandise and general supplies. Curate merchandise selection, manage purchasing, inventory and restocking.
- Assist the General Manager in the management of all online orders and Club Mead needs.
- Attend weekly company meetings, reporting on TR operations.
- Assist the Marketing and Event Coordinator with planning and direction of a small number of winery events.
Customer Service and Sales (20%)
- Maintain high standards of service as detailed in Heidrun Meadery’s Philosophy of Service.
- Guide and mentor Tasting Room Staff to exceed sales goals as set by General Manager, including tasting, bottle merchandise and Club Mead sales.
- Act as ‘Manager On-Site’, proving floor supervision and guidance to TR Staff and guests.
- Provide regular backup for Tasting Room Staff, including, breaks, lunches and prime time support,
- Work scheduled Tasting Room shifts as needed.
Other responsibilities as season and situation demand.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience in hospitality, wine or relevant field.
- 3-5 years of staff management experience.
- 3-5 years of customer service experience.
- Experience with winery POS and reservation systems, including WineDirect and Tock.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word & Excel or Google Drive, Doc and Sheets
- At least 21 years of age.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work inclement weather, including hot and cold environments.
- Ability to work some nights, weekends and some holidays is a must.
What We Offer
This is a full-time salaried position with generous base pay, commission and bonuses based on experience and job performance. We offer full health and dental insurance after a 4-month trial period. Paid vacation and unpaid time-off whenever possible.
We strive to cultivate a work environment that is healthy for body and mind and respectful of all people. We believe that providing all staff opportunities to grow, both professionally and personally is integral to a positive workplace. We enjoy being productive and challenged and we maintain high standards while also believe the workplace should be friendly, fun and safe.
If interested, please email us a cover letter and cv.