Status: Full Time (Friday-Tuesday)
Salary Range: $50k - $60k
Heidrun Meadery, located along iconic CA State Route 1 just north of the Golden Gate Bridge in Point Reyes Station, is an artisan producer of brut dry, naturally sparkling honey wine fermented and bottled on-site using the traditional French Methode Champenoise. Our 16-acre farm hosts visitors seven day per week. We also manage a commercial multi-apiary beekeeping operation and a flower farm. We provide guests a unique opportunity to experience the natural ecology of honey wine, “from flower to flute”. We strictly maintain an unpretentious attitude toward wine. Our hospitality and atmosphere can best be described as farm-friendly, educational and respectful. Our business is thriving, attracting a diversity of engaged and engaging visitors from around the world.
We are looking for a full-time, experienced Hospitality Manager to join our team as soon as possible. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of professional management experience in hospitality, the wine industry or a related agri-tourism field and be energetic, enthusiastic and an excellent communicator. Candidates must be able to work at least one weekend day, be interested in all aspects of this business, maintain flexibility in a very dynamic environment and enjoy periodically strenuous physical activity. The Tasting Room Manager position reports directly to the General Manager and supervises all Tasting Room Staff.
Staff Management (35%)
- Manage tasting room staff, including hiring, training, scheduling, payroll, performance reviews and implementing disciplinary action.
Departmental Management and Administrative Duties (35%)
- Manage day-to-day tasting room and general hospitality activities, including scheduling on-site events and tours.
- Manage and track departmental budget including oversight of daily, weekly and monthly sales and labor cost data.
- Maintain organization of tasting room and back of house operations to ensure efficient workflow, including inventory management, tidying, restocking and reorganizing.
- Maintain high standards of aesthetics in tasting room, including merchandise, floral and educational displays.
- Manage tasting room merchandise and general supplies. Curate merchandise selection, manage purchasing, inventory and restocking.
- Assist the General Manager in the management of all online orders and Club Mead tasks.
- Attend weekly company meetings, reporting on tasting room operations.
- Assist the Marketing and Event Coordinator with planning and direction of a small number of winery events.
Customer Service and Sales (20%)
- Maintain high standards of service as detailed in Heidrun Meadery’s Philosophy of Service.
- Guide and mentor tasting room staff to exceed sales goals set by General Manager, including tasting, bottle, merchandise and Club Mead sales.
- Act as ‘Manager On-Site’, proving floor supervision and guidance to TR Staff and guests.
- Provide regular backup for tasting room Staff during staff breaks, lunches and prime time support,
- Work scheduled tasting room shifts as needed.
- Other responsibilities as season and situation demand.
Operations Assistance (10% - periodic)
- Assist horticulturalist and farm manager with farm-related projects when needed.
- Assist meadmaker with production tasks when needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience in hospitality, wine or relevant field.
- 3-5 years of staff management experience.
- 3-5 years of customer service experience.
- Experience with or capacity to master winery POS and reservation systems, including WineDirect and Tock.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word & Excel or Google Drive, Doc and Sheets
- At least 21 years of age.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, repeatedly.
- Ability to work inclement weather, including hot and cold environments.
- Willingness to work some nights and holidays, should the need arise.
What We Offer
This is a full-time salaried position with generous compensation based on experience and job performance. We offer full health and dental insurance after a 4-month trial period. Paid vacation is included and unpaid time-off will be accommodated whenever possible.
We strive to cultivate a work environment that is healthy for body and mind and respectful of all people. We believe that providing our staff opportunities to grow, both professionally and personally is integral to a positive workplace. We enjoy being productive and challenged and we maintain high standards while also cultivating a friendly, fun and safe workplace.
If interested, please email us a cover letter and resume.