Tasting Room Lead
Status: Part-Time (Friday-Sunday). Possible Full-Time in High Season
Salary Range: $23/hr plus Sales Commision and Tips
We are looking for a part-time, experienced Tasting Room Lead to jump onboard as soon as possible. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of professional experience in hospitality or the wine industry and be energetic, enthusiastic and an excellent communicator. Candidates must be able to work both weekend days, be interested in being involved in all aspects of this business, maintain flexibility in a very dynamic environment and enjoy periodically strenuous physical activity. The Guest Services lead is a part of the Tasting Room/Hospitality team, and this position reports directly to the GM.
The Tasting Room Lead is a part-time, hourly position that requires availability to work weekdays, weekends, and very occasionally evening shifts. Some overtime may be required.
- Assist with oversight of day-to-day Tasting Room (TR) and general hospitality activities.
- Work scheduled Tasting Room shifts, performing duties associated with opening and closing of the Tasting Room as well as daily operations.
- Provide regular backup for Tasting Room Staff, including breaks, lunches and prime time support.
- Maintain high standards of service as detailed in Heidrun Meadery’s Philosophy of Service.
- Ensure all guests are greeted immediately when they arrive and provide exceptional service throughout their visit.
- Educate guests about Heidrun Meadery’s unique story, methodology, and current projects.
- Maintain organization of Tasting Room and back of house operations to ensure efficient work flow, including tracking of inventory, tidying, restocking and reorganizing.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and aesthetics in the Tasting Room including merchandise, floral and educational displays.
- Process routine sales transactions, and facilitate club membership sign-ups.
- Communicates Tasting Room updates and status to Tasting Room Management.
Other responsibilities as season and situation demand.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience in hospitality, wine or relevant field.
- Previous tasting room experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of customer service experience.
- Professional demeanor.
- Excellent communication skills, organization, and attention to detail.
- Exceptional sales ability, capability to create brand loyalty and augment club memberships.
- Experience with winery POS and reservation systems, including WineDirect and Tock.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word & Excel or Google Drive, Doc and Sheets.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to work in inclement weather, including hot and cold environments.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and occasional evenings is a must.